Maps & Directions
Although the museum is nestled away in the bottomland
forests in a remote corner of the New Orleans metro area,
getting to the museum is not difficult. Click the Google or Yahoo
links below to locate the museum. If you need additional help,
please contact Nelson Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The museum is not open to the public. This
information is for visiting scientists and school groups
Google Map |
3705 Main St.
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
SUMMARY FROM THE CRESCENT CITY CONNECTION
- When on the Cresent City Connection (the bridge
crossing the Mississippi River), take the first
exit on the right (General Degaulle).
- Take the left fork (Gen. Degaulle East).
- Follow General Degaulle all the way to the end (approximately
- Cross the bridge, make a left (onto Woodland Hwy.,
no street sign) and go one-half mile to the
flashing yellow light. (Hebert Blvd.)
- Make a left on Hebert Blvd. and follow
approximately one mile to end (at river levee.)
- Make a left and go through the gate. You are now
on the Museum grounds.
- Follow winding paved road to first gravel road
- Make left and follow less than half mile to dead
- Make right and park in front of the building. You